Sunday, May 20, 2012

RE: Evolution

This started out as a reply to the Dev blog posted pertaining to the FW changes but since everyone and their mother was posting about it, I decided to hold off for something I could get a bit more passionate about.  Susan Black has provided that spark.  Originally this was going to be a comment on their blog but quickly warranted it's own post here.  Susan's original post can be found here, I would advise giving it a read before continuing on: http://www.gamerchick.net/2012/05/evolution.html

Adaptation can be a hard thing for some.  For the past 2 weeks, I've heard so many of my fellow pilots screaming that Faction Warfare is dead or CCP screwed it up even more and they're taking their football and going home.  I for one can't wait for this change.  Yes, it might suck.  Yes I might get locked out of my main station and lose all my ships.  Yes, I might absolutely hate it.  But it's change, something that I and many others have wanted for a long time.

If I were to get upset at this change and tell CCP to go to hell because I don't like something, what reason do they have to change anything in the future?  If people can't even wait till the changes are Live to start the hate train, it's not unimaginable for CCP to say "Screw it, FW is dead to us".

At least give it a chance, that's all I'm asking.  I'll be sticking around and if things do get too terrible, I'll go do something else for a while.  What I won't do is go directly to the forums and spout about how CCP owes me something since I give them money.  This is a game you pay for, you can do whatever you want.  Don't expect everyone else to conform to your wants when there is an entire universe out there full of other things besides Faction Warfare.  Step out of your comfort zone, go see the rest of that universe.  From what I hear, it's a pretty big place.