It will be nice to fly more than just a Rifter for frigs now. I really love my Rifter though
- Inferno will be the first-step taken into removing the Tier system out of ship classes; please refer to the Dev Blog, 'Rebalancing EVE, one ship at a time' for more details.
- The first batch of changes affect the Tormentor, Punisher (eeeeeeeeee!), Merlin, Incursus and Rifter frigates
Faction Warfare Changes:
Too many to list really, some that caught my eye though
- Destroying enemy player ships will give LPs to the player giving the final blow (Unless in a fleet)
- I take this to mean that if a player is not in a fleet but gets the final blow on a carrier kill, they get all of the LP. This is kind of a terrible feature to have. It may be equal parts skill and luck to be able to get the final blow but , in my opinion, this shouldn't even be a factor. It may be difficult to do but when it happens for the first time, there are going to be a lot of angry people. Note: If the final blow happens from a fleetmate, the fleet splits the LP
- Holding and upgrading Factional Warfare systems now have an impact in a faction success as a whole. Number of systems and upgrades hold in the same War Zone (Amarr/Minmatar or Caldari/Gallente War zones respectively) are counted as part of points, then used to unlock War Zone Control tiers
- I've had a small issue with this since I heard it. It would be nice to either see the losing side get an okay bonus or no one get a bonus/nerf at all. We will have to wait and see what is more profitable, being on the losing side or the winning side. As the LP cost of a ship goes up, so will the isk price. 200 Million Navy Omens? It's not out of the realm of possibility
- It is now possible to upgrade a solar system owned by your own faction by spending Factional Warfare Loyalty Points (LPs) into the respective Infrastructure Hub
- Without the Cyno Jammer upgrade, I could care less about this feature. Hopefully we'll see that soon.
- All stations located in enemy Factional Warfare systems will now deny docking to the opposing militias. Neutrals are not affected by this change and can still dock anywhere they please
- The shot heard round the world... I'm rather happy for this change. I just wish that they would have changed the victory points per Plex with the last patch when this change was announced. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Minmatar knew about this a long time ago with how obsessed some were with capturing Plexes when it meant nothing.
- The Reactive Armor Hardener : A low slot module that adjusts resists according to incoming damage. You can only fit one, but it lets you fight lazy!
- I have high hopes for this mod, this could change the game of armor tanking as we know it
- Extrinsic Damage Amplifier: A low slot, drone damage module which allows your drones do more damage
- Hoestly, I'm terrible with drones. It's easily the weakest part of my PvP game. I pretty much launch them and send them off to die. We were in a fight recently vs a Dramiel and a Crow in my mission Drake with Flyinghotpocket in a Hookbill (Which didn't turn out too well for FHP but I was able to get out, ty FHP!). I had no idea my drones were even under fire until my Drones window vanished... Time to start flying more Arbitrators, make me focus on drones a lot more.
If you have seen these, I really don;t have to say anything. For those few people that haven't seen them, they're freaking awesome! I really like the new bomb explosion graphics, unique for each damage type.
The inventory change has been needed for a long time. I started in 2009 and I have been frustrated with the inventory system ever since. Searching is nice and all but why can't I just view all modules and not every single laser crystal that has had one volley shot through it and now can't be stacked? Now, I totally can! (Hopefully)
All in all, a damn good looking expansion. I just hope that this isn't the last time they will look at Faction Warfare. I can see a few things being terribly broken and they really haven't addressed the bugging of plexes (which I have witnessed on several occasions). Even though some of the changes aren't optimal, at least it's change. And change is good for the soul.