Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hulkageddon Will Continue... Indefinitely

The Mittani posted on Twitter today confirming rumors to what some hoped and many others feared.  Hulkageddon will not be ending at the end of this month or the next.
https://twitter.com/TheMittani/status/207526045807677440

With very little actual information floating around, it's difficult to say if there will be monthly prizes or "just" the 100 Million Isk payout for each Exhumer kill.  For more PR, I could see a monthly prize being given.  Any press is good press when the results are so astounding.  1.4 Trillion in ships lost and 19.8 Billion handed out to players, the top killer having received nearly Three Billion Isk for their participation.

Personally, I think this is amazing.  The Mittani/GoonSwarm have single-handedly created an entire profession that a two week old player or a seasoned, grizzled veteran can partake in.  I believe it won't be long until people start seeing it as such.  I would be lying if I said I hadn't considered shifting one of my alts to a destroyer and hunting me some Hulks.  With Hulkageddon continuing on until further notice, all the more reason to when Faction Warfare is quiet.

Now we just have to wait and see how the mining community and, more importantly, CCP reacts to this news. If word of this doesn't spread with a quickness (Even though some players who had been ganked multiple times had no clue what it was to being with) and most believe Hulkageddon to be done at the end of the month, we're about to see a massive spike in both losses and hate threads in the EveO forums.  I'm curious to what will happen next but whatever it is, thank you Goons for making the universe a more interesting place for us all.